The Cuivre River Electric Community Trust Board met in November and awarded nearly $23,000 in grants funded through Operation Round Up. Health grants were awarded to nine individuals/families from Elsberry, Louisiana, St. Peters, O'Fallon, and Troy, including helping a woman with medical needs following an accident and support for a family whose autistic child needs therapy. Weatherization grants helped a woman with repairs to the furnace in her mobile home and supported a disabled woman with funding to replace the damaged flooring in part of her home.
Community organizations that received grants included:
- New Salem Baptist Church - $3,000 to purchase needed hygiene and personal care items for their women's ministry product pantry, as food pantries do not offer these kinds of items and they cannot be purchased with food stamps.
- St Clement School - $642 to help support the purchase of two-way radios allowing staff, the school nurse, and the front office to communicate in emergencies.
- Youth in Need - $1,500 to help purchase food items for their shelter that serves homeless youth in St. Charles County.
- Hanani House - $2,160 to help support substance abuse prevention and recovery provided by the women's shelter
- Tri-County Advisory Board to Probation and Parole - $2,000 to help with assistance toward mental health, substance abuse treatment, counseling transportation, and more for probationers and parolees.
We thank our members who so generously participate in the Operation Round Up program!