Operation Round Up monthly report - July 2023
The Cuivre River Electric Community Trust Board met in July and awarded just over $26,000 in grants funded through Operation Round Up. Health grants were awarded to 13 individuals and families from Elsberry, Foley, O’Fallon, St. Charles, St. Peters, Troy, Wentzville, Winfield, and Wright City. Grants included supporting a disabled woman who needed a new bed and helping a family with an autistic child with obtaining therapy.
Community organizations that received grants included:
- Veterans Coffee Talk — $3,000 to help with the program’s transportation services for veterans.
- United Services for Children — $1,900 to help with funding for safety floor tiles for the organization’s indoor play space and sensory/motor room.
- Youth in Need — $1,500 to support funding for emergency sheltering for vulnerable youth.
- Food Outreach — $3,000 to fund meals for low-income clients with chronic illnesses in CREC’s service area.
- Center for Hearing and Speech — $1,250 to support hearing health services for low-income residents in CREC’s service area.
We are grateful to our members who participate in the Operation Round Up program! Your generous support helps us to help those in need in the communities we serve.
This article first appeared in the September 2023 edition of Current Times/Rural Missouri. Click here to read the full magazine.