The Cuivre River Electric Cooperative (CREC) Nominating Committee seeks interested and qualified candidates for four, three-year term seats on the CREC Board of Directors.
Candidate nominations are open as of April 1, 2020 and close on Wednesday, May 13. Qualified candidates will be asked to attend a Nominating Committee reception and interview. This event is slated for Tuesday, May 19 at 6 p.m. at the CREC branch office, 8757 Hwy. N., Lake Saint Louis, MO; however, due to the current COVID-19 situation and the St. Charles County ban on gatherings of 10 or more, the candidate’s reception and the annual meeting itself may be modified. Please visit the CREC website for updates as they develop.
Each candidate must reside in the district they would represent and be a member of the cooperative for the six consecutive months immediately preceding the election. Full director qualifications as specified in Article IV Section 3 of the cooperative bylaws are available below.
Four directors will be elected, one from each of these districts: St Charles County Districts No. 4 and No. 5; Lincoln County District No. 1 and Warren County District No. 3. Online voting via a secure internet site or by paper ballot begins on July 15 and closes on August 24, or members may vote in person at the annual meeting on August 27 (date or meeting format may change depending on COVID-19 situation) at the cooperative’s Lake Saint Louis branch office.
Candidate Profile and Background Check Forms
(both are needed to be considered)
Candidate Profile forms may be submitted using one of these two options:
- Use this fillable PDF form, fill in all of the necessary information, save it to your computer, then attach to an email to Kevin or Chris (email addresses below), OR
- Use this printable PDF form, download and print it, complete it, scan it and attach to an email to Kevin or Chris (email addresses below).
Background Check forms are required as a part of filing as a Board candidate. Please click below to download each PDF file -- the cover letter with instructions and the background check forms:
- Cover letter
- Background Check forms
NOTE: If you are not able to submit your forms by email, please contact Chris or Kevin by phone and they will work with you on arrangements for getting it to them.
If you are a Cuivre River Electric Cooperative member and wish to be considered for the ballot you are advised to:
- Check the map to learn if a director will be elected from your district this year.
- Contact either a Nominating Committee member in your county or Kevin Hurd, manager of administrative services, or Chris Ryan, manager of member services and IT, to confirm eligibility and learn more about serving as a director. Kevin can be reached at 636-695-4871 or email@example.com, or Chris can be contacted at 636-695-4831 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director qualifications as specified in Article IV, Section 3 of the cooperative bylaws, which are summarized below, state that a candidate must:
- Be a member of the cooperative for the six (6) consecutive months immediately preceding becoming a director;
- Not in any way be employed by or financially interested in a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy, services or sup plies to the cooperative or any of its subsidiaries;
- Permanently occupy and continuously and materially use the cooperative’s service at his or her principal place of abode at a location within the director district from which the director is elected or appointed;
- Not be an employee of the cooperative or any of its subsidiaries or has been an employee of the cooperative or any of its subsidiaries with in the twelve (12) consecutive months immediately preceding becoming a director;
- Not have been convicted of a felony;
- Be a legal resident of the United States;
- Not owe a delinquent debt to the cooperative and whose account is not considered to be in good standing during such director’s term of office or within three years prior to becoming a director;
- Not be a current applicant for employment with the cooperative or any of its subsidiaries;
- Not be a close relative of an employee with the cooperative or any of its subsidiaries while a director and during the twelve (12) consecutive months immediately preceding becoming a director; or
- Not be a close relative of a sitting director.
In addition, it is recommended that directors regularly attend meetings held on the fourth Thursday of each month, devote several additional days each year to meetings, and spend a few hours each month reading and studying.