Nominations open for four director seats
The Nominating Committee is seeking candidates for four seats on the Cuivre River Electric Cooperative Board of Directors. Candidates will be voted upon August 11 at the Annual Meeting to be held at the Family Arena in St. Charles.
Four directors will be elected, one from each of these districts: Lincoln County District 1, St. Charles County District 4, St. Charles County District 5 and Warren County District 3 (see shaded areas on map).
The committee seeks interested and qualified candidates who reside in these districts to serve three-year terms. Bylaws require at least two candidates in each district.
The deadline for candidate nominations is Friday, May 5. Qualified candidates will be asked to attend a Nominating Committee Reception and Interview on May 9 at 6:00 p.m. at the Cuivre River Lake Saint Louis office, 8757 Hwy. N.
The committee has final authority to select a slate of candidates from among the nominees.
Members of the nomination committee are: Lincoln County District 1, Bryan Edwards, 573.384.5512, and Kerry Klump, 636.383.0462; St. Charles County District 4 and 5, Wendell Massmann, 636.828.5573, and Kyle Shell, 636.698.4499; and Warren County District 3, Gary Carter, 636.359.0501, and Susan Masterson, 636.456.2801. Elections are held for four of 12 district seats each year.
If you are a Cuivre River Electric Cooperative member and wish to be considered for the ballot you are advised to:
- Check the map to learn if a director will be elected from your district this year.
- Contact either a Nominating Committee member in your county or Manager of Member Services Kevin Hurd to confirm eligibility and learn more about serving as a director. Call 636.695.4831 or email email@example.com.
Director Qualifications specified in Article IV Section 3 of the Cooperative Bylaws are summarized here:
- You must be a member of the cooperative for the six consecutive months immediately preceding the election;
- You may not be employed by or financially interested in a competing enterprise or business selling energy, services or supplies to Cuivre River or its subsidiaries;
- You must be a bona fide resident in the county and district from which you would serve;
- You may not be employed by Cuivre River or its subsidiaries within 12 consecutive months immediately preceding becoming a director;
- You may not have been convicted of a felony;
- You must be a legal United States resident;
- You must not owe a delinquent debt to the Cooperative, and must have an account in good standing three years prior to becoming a director and during your term of office;
- You may not be a current applicant for employment with the Cooperative or its subsidiaries;
- You may not be a close relative of a Cuivre River employee or of a sitting director.
In addition, it is recommended that you be able to attend monthly meetings regularly on the fourth Thursday evening, devote several additional days each year to meetings, and spend a few hours each month reading and studying.
Once the Nominating Committee has announced a slate of candidates, Cuivre River members will have the opportunity to learn about the candidates and vote by absentee with either a paper ballot or secure Internet site, or at the annual meeting.
Watch the Current Times for more information about the voting process and the annual meeting. The Cooperative Bylaws are available upon request and can also be viewed at www.cuivre.com.