Meet the board candidates and vote
Cuivre River’s 2018 annual meeting includes the election of four new board directors. This year’s election includes a slate of nine candidates across four districts.
To provide you with more information about each of their backgrounds and views, candidates were asked to respond to several questions. Their responses are summarized in our 2018 voter guide.
You are eligible to choose one candidate for each district. The ballot order for all candidates was drawn randomly by the Nominating Committee. An asterisk (*) next to a candidate’s name indicates that they are a current officeholder.
- Vote at the annual meeting on Aug. 10 — If you attend the annual meeting, you will receive your ballot when you enter the arena and register. (Doors open at 4 p.m.) Bring the perforated registration card from the front cover of this edition for easy registration. You may cast your ballot during the meeting when ballots are collected, or you may vote before 7:15 p.m. using the collection boxes in voting areas on both arena levels.
- Vote absentee by Aug. 7 — If you cannot attend the meeting but would like to cast your vote, you may vote online through Aug. 7. Type www.directvote.net/crec/ directly into your web browser to access the login page of the official 2018 Cuivre River Electric Cooperative Ballot. Candidate information is available online for your review during the online voting process. You will be asked for proof of your membership when you login. A copy of your bill will have the information you need.
- If you vote absentee online, you will receive confirmation of your vote. Absentee voting is also available by mail if ballots are requested by July 31. Call Survey & Ballot Systems, our election partner, to inquire about a paper ballot: 952-974-2339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All absentee ballots must be received by Aug. 7.
Please note: Absentee ballots may not be delivered to Cuivre River offices or brought and cast at the Annual Meeting. However:
- If you request an absentee ballot and do not use it, you may attend the meeting at the Family Arena on Friday, Aug. 10, and receive a new ballot when you register.
- If you’re not sure you mailed your ballot in time you may attend the meeting and verify receipt of your ballot. If your ballot did not arrive by the Aug. 7 deadline, you may receive a new ballot.
New this year, members who cast an absentee vote will be entered into a drawing for free electricity. These prizes are in addition to the traditional attendance prizes awarded at the Annual Meeting. If you vote absentee, you may still attend the Annual Meeting, receive meal tickets for your family and be eligible to win attendance prizes — unless you have already won an absentee voting prize.
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s annual meeting, but if you cannot attend, we encourage you to vote absentee.