CREC offers new cash payment option: CheckOut by PayGo
For CREC members who prefer to pay cash for their electric bill, a new payment option is available through CheckOut by PayGO, as CREC is now a part of their system. When you make a cash payment at one of the authorized retailers, the money is posted to your CREC account immediately.
Using the CheckOut option may be a better choice if you wish to pay your bill with cash, especially right now. CREC discourages dropping cash payments at our night deposit boxes. Payments made in this way may experience a delay in processing because the co-op’s offices are currently closed. Should our offices continue to be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the night deposit option may be discontinued temporarily.
Some of the primary retailers in our service area include Dollar General and CVS pharmacies, but you can also use CheckOut’s interactive map (https://cuivre.sedccheckout.com/Map) to find a location convenient for you.
Here’s how it works:
- You must first get a barcode. To so do, visit https://cuivre.sedccheckout.com/, enter your CREC account number and confirm your address number. Retailers do not see your account information or balances due.
- You can either print out your barcode or save it as a picture on your mobile phone for each time you need to use it.
- Visit the CheckOut retailer and they will scan your barcode. You can then tell them how much you want to pay. This method is only for cash payments.
- You will pay a transaction fee of $1.50 at the time of the transaction.
- Your account is updated immediately with the payment.
CheckOut is also great option for members who live in outlying areas of our system and/or use cash to pay their CREC bill, especially for those with prepaid accounts.
View the video below to get a full overview of the process, or call us with questions at 800-392-3709.